Universal Aviation, the FBO ground services division of Universal Weather and Aviation Inc., announced six new Universal Aviation Certified member sites as the network continues to aggressively expand globally.
The six new members are in El Salvador, French Polynesia, Norway, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
“Business aviation volumes remain well above normal for this time of year. While the summer was all about European travel, we are now seeing more assignments in Latin America, the Middle East and in Asia-Pacific leisure destinations,” said Adolfo Aragon, Senior Vice President, Universal Aviation. “These regions will face similar ramp-up, supply chain and personnel challenges. to those we met in Europe. To minimize the impact on our customers, we are aggressively adding new Universal Aviation certified members with strong experience in locations where we identify a need for a higher level of service.
New Universal Aviation Certified Members include:
- Miltair Aviation at Ilopango International Airport in San Salvador, El Salvador. Miltair has a 20-year track record of successful business aviation support and has a strong safety record, always using two wing walkers and an aircraft signaller. Miltair’s facilities include a VIP lounge, private parking and a hangar.
- Air Tahiti at Faa’a Tahiti International Airport in Papeete – Tahiti, French Polynesia. Air Tahiti has been providing VIP services for more than 30 years and is the only local carrier that supports missions on all the islands of French Polynesia. Air Tahiti can handle jumbo jets and is the only operator to have a VIP lounge in Bora Bora.
- Sundt Air Executive Handling at Oslo Gardermoen Airport in Oslo, Norway. Sundt Air is an IS-BAH Stage 3 accredited ground carrier with nearly 20 years of supporting operations in Oslo.
- Blue Aviation at Doha International Airport (OTDB) in Doha, Qatar. Blue Aviation is located near the FBO at OTDB for quick access to the CIQ and ground transportation for quick access in and out of the airport. Its available facilities include VIP lounges for passengers and crew, conference rooms, a prayer room and restrooms with showers.
- Gama Aviation at Sharjah International Airport (OMSJ) in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. Gama Aviation is an IS-BAH Stage 2 accredited ground operator and the only ground operator in the Dubai area to offer passengers private access to airside vehicles.
- XLR Jet Centers at Birmingham International Airport (EGBB) in Birmingham, UK. XLR Jet operates the largest and only full-service FBO in Birmingham, UK – with direct tarmac access, private security screening facilities, ample parking, VIP lounges, crew facilities and a 27,000 square foot heated hangar with enough space for the largest business jets.
As a Universal Aviation certified member, these locations have proven their commitment to service excellence by accepting Universal’s rigorous standards for quality, training, safety, consistency, customer service and regulatory compliance, including compliance with US and international laws such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and UK Bribery Act. Compliance with these standards and laws will be managed through recurring training and regular audits.