LONDON and IRVINE, Calif., May 11, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — CalAmp (CAMP), a connected intelligence company helping people and organizations improve operational performance through an ecosystem of data-driven solutions, announced today its subsidiary, Tracker Network (UK) Ltd., offers its supply chain visibility solution to pan-European transport and logistics operators to provide reliable, cost-effective, end-to-end shipment tracking . The solution will particularly benefit multinational companies in the pharmaceutical, electronics, biotechnology, food and consumer goods industries looking to secure high-value, high-risk shipments in transit, while improving supply chain efficiency and providing essential documentation for regulatory compliance purposes.
CalAmp’s supply chain visibility solution is enabled by a portfolio of wireless sensors and other reusable and single-use devices that can be attached to assets to track and collect critical data, such as temperature, light, shock, vibration and location. The solution allows operators to monitor freight throughout the shipping journey from a manufacturer to the final destination through land, sea and air touchpoints. Upon arrival, the sensors automatically sync with CalAmp’s fixed and mobile hubs to support chain-of-custody documentation and environmental reporting. Sensor data sent through the CalAmp Telematics Cloud can be directly integrated into warehouse, fleet and logistics management systems via application programming interfaces (APIs).
“The pandemic has brought to light numerous challenges within the global supply chain, from port and border closures to product shortages and shipments of COVID-19 vaccines. Manual tracking of goods in transit exposes freight to human error and theft, and limits the visibility of environmental damage,” said Mark Rose, Managing Director of Tracker. “Smarter logistics systems enabled by sensors and APIs, such as CalAmp’s supply chain visibility solution, are proving invaluable in reducing freight spoilage, optimizing supply chain performance, document chain of custody and protect brand integrity.”
CalAmp’s supply chain visibility solution provides:
- Reporting and data analysis: Data recording to help document chain of custody in accordance with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Good Distribution Practice (GDP) requirements
- Critical alerts and notifications: Immediate web and mobile alerts when a shipment exceeds a pre-determined temperature range or leaves the authorized shipping area, allowing supply chain operators to take corrective action to minimize spoilage and loss
- Near real-time localization: CalAmp’s smart sensors and disposable devices use GPS tracking to provide near real-time delivery estimates, current location, and progress reports, even when the shipment is in the hands of a third-party vendor.
- Geofencing and route fencing: Alerts notify users if cargo deviates from planned route or deviates from authorized waypoints
- Stop and motion detection: Detect when a shipment is moving or stuck, which is especially important when navigating high-risk areas between waypoints
- API integration: CalAmp integrates with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to facilitate information sharing, collaboration and transparency throughout the supply chain
- External sharing of critical sensor readings and history: A device’s sensory reading, location, and historical data may be shared with other stakeholders, including third-party logistics providers (3PLs), private fleet operators, warehouses, and distribution centers.
“The need for real-time, end-to-end freight visibility has never been greater than in today’s complex, just-in-time global supply chain. Manufacturers, logistics operators, consumers and regulators all want to be sure that their shipments in transit meet strict safety and compliance requirements and will arrive quickly and as expected,” said Jeff Clark, Chief Product Officer, CalAmp. “We are excited to bring this level of visibility and intelligence to the European market through our Supply Chain Visibility solution. For our customers shipping goods across pan-European regions, this location and environmental information will enhance the reliability, security and efficiency of their operations for the benefit of all supply chain stakeholders.
About Tracker Network (UK) Limited
Tracker Network (UK) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of CalAmp, has been at the forefront of stolen vehicle recovery and insurance and fleet telematics since 1993. With more than a million market-leading security and telematics systems installed in vehicles, including passenger cars, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, and factory and construction equipment, Tracker’s connected intelligence solutions help individuals and businesses to work smarter. Working with the police, Tracker has to date recovered over £571m worth of stolen vehicles and continues to recover an average of £1m worth of stolen vehicles each month. Tracker’s award-winning products guarantee its customers complete peace of mind. For more information, visit www.tracker.co.ukWhere LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, instagramWhere Tracking Information.
CalAmp ( CAMP) is a connected intelligence company that leverages an ecosystem of data-driven solutions to help people and organizations improve operational performance. We solve complex problems in the transportation and logistics, commercial and government fleet, industrial equipment and consumer vehicle markets by providing solutions that track, monitor and recover vital assets. The insights enabled by our cloud platform, apps, and advanced computing devices drive operational visibility, safety, efficiency, maintainability, and sustainability. Based in Irvine, Calif., CalAmp has more than one million software and service subscribers and 10 million peripheral devices deployed worldwide. For more information, visit calamp.comWhere LinkedIn ,Facebook, Twitter,YoutubeWhereCalAmp Blog.
CalAmp, LoJack, TRACKER, Here comes the bus, bus attendant, iOnVision, CrashBoxx and associated logos are among the registered trademarks of CalAmp and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Spireon has acquired the LoJack® US Stolen Vehicle Recovery (SVR) business from CalAmp and has an exclusive license to the LoJack brand in the United States and Canada. All other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
|Media Requests Tracker||CalAmp Media Inquiries||CalAmp Investor Requests|
|Justine Hoadley or Cecile Stearn||Edward Lin||Leanne K. Sievers|
|Harrison Sadler for Tracker||Merritt Group for CalAmp||Shelton Group|
|+44 (0)208 977 9132||240.994.3027||949.224.3874|
|[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]|
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/98b3af13-bc33-4218-a96c-bceed2ed1b75